ORF conveyor rollers are built to last. CLIMAROLL rollers have been setting the industry standard in the Middle East for years. They are designed for medium to extreme heavy duty requirements for various industries. Applications include: cement, quarrying, steel and process, batching, asphalt & bock, construction, fertilizers, warehouse, packaging and recycling industries. All rollers are suitable for continuous operation in the most extreme weather conditions and hostile environments. ORF Conveyor Rollers are designed for endurance and components originate from quality sources. Balancing determines a roller’s life, which is ensured by using concentric pipes, precision end-caps and double-bored spindles. Rolling resistance determines the power requirements for a conveyor, which is why ORF rollers are lubricated for life and double sealed to resist dust permeation.
CLIMAROLL ROLLERS SALIENT FEATURES
- Rugged construction, premium design for all duty ranges of bulk handling application
- Precision manufacturing ensuring strict tolerances and fitting
- Lubricated and sealed for life- maintenance free
- Low eccentricity and balancing for smooth running
- Low noise, starting and frictional resistance for better efficiency and power cost savings
- Wide range of working temperatures from 0º C to 100º C
- International specification and customized local needs
Material Grade & Specifications
- Shaft: M.S. conforms to JIS G 3123 SS41 /AS3679 Grade 250
- Steel Tube: ERW pipe conforming to ASTM A120 / A53 Grade ‘A’
- Bearing: Ball bearing 6204 2RS (20 mm), 6205 2RS (25 mm), 6206 2RS (30 mm)
- Bearing Cup & End Caps: ASTM A36/BS 4360 Grade 43 A , cold drawn/pressed
- Labyrinths: Hard polymide nylon 66, 2 groove male-female, double or triple liped, greased
- Circlip: high sarbon steel
- Corrosion Protection and Lubrication: Clean blast, primer coat and enamel painted-sealed for life-lithium grease
CLIMAROLL steel and rubber treaded conveyor rollers are manufactured under a rigid quality control system for higher life and performance, conforming to international standards viz. CEMA, ISO 1537 / DIN 22112. All roller shells are manufactured from ERW concentric steel tubes. Each shell end is machined to ensure concentricity to accept the bearing housing. The two end caps are of die-formed construction secured by hydraulically pressing the ends of the tube, thus giving a smooth radius. Bearing housing is deep drawn from 3mm thick quality sheet steel.
CLIMAROLL conforms to bearing fit tolerance ISO M7; full TIG welded to shell. The roller spindle – shaft is made from MS drawn round bar and the ends machined to ensure perfect spin of the bearing. Particular attention is given to the bearing seat machining and seal location, which is finally centreless ground to fit tolerance of ISO h6.
Labyrinth sealing system at either end simultaneously acts as lubrication chamber and dust protection guard. Comprised of several sealing elements which prevent contaminants from entering the bearing. Individual elements of the system are circular in shape with interlaid lips which form a labyrinth. The shape of the lips is designed to prevent the intrusion of contaminants into the bearing chamber without increasing rotational frictional resistance. The system has two parts: male labyrinth and female labyrinth with 2 grooves each. The space between the lips of the labyrinth is filled with grease (lithium grease NLGI grade 2 or 3) for catching fine dust particles. Elements of the labyrinth sealing system are manufactured from polyamide-based material and polypropylene-based material.
This bearing seal assembly is secured in position by means of hardened spring steel Circlip in compliance with DIN 471 to prevent axial movement of the shaft, directly positioned on groove-machined spindle. A die-formed metal end cap coupled with polyamide seal is press-fit for additional protection to the bearing assembly. The final assembly is painted with 2 coats of red oxide and synthetic enamel Paint, 650 post red color, 75um.
- A – Roller length
- B – Inside frame dim
- C – Shaft length
- D – Roller diameter
- d – Shaft diameter
- F – Flats for support slot
- 1 – Shaft
- 2 – End Cap
- 3 – Labyrinths
- 4 – Circlip
- 5 – Seal
- 6 – Bearing
- 7 – Bearing Cup
- 8 – Pipe
Types of Roller
Monotrough Carrier Roller
The monotrough idler set consists of three equal-sized type-D carrier rollers and one return roller of the same type. In this arrangement the side rollers can be set at any pre-determined angles of 25º, 30º, 35º or 45º.
Variatrough Carrier Roller
A Variatrough Idler set consists of two types: A-side rollers and one type – B centre rollers. Side rollers of this arrangement can be set at angles of 20º, 30°, 40º, 50º or 60º in order to achieve the desired belt trough.
V-Type Carrier Rollers
These idlers are used in place of normal 3-roll troughing idlers to support belt on carrying side. The pinching effect on belt between two rolls is high for these situations:
- Belt is empty
- Troughing angle is more than 20º
- Idler has up misalignment
- These idlers can be generally used for lesser belt widths, conveying limited lump sizes and light duty applications. Maintenance is easy and low cost.
Garland– Suspended Type Rollers
This type of idler has 3 or 5 rolls of equal or unequal lengths which are linked in series and suspended at the ends by special lugs to the conveyor-stringers, to form a continuous chain of idlers. Garland Idlers have a link assembly between the connected rollers.
1) Garland Idlers are lighter when compared to fixed-frame idlers due to the absence of a steel frame.
2) Garland idler design is more forgiving than fixed, due to its chain-like design which allow the belt’s center line and idler centers to move relative
to the supporting frame.
3) Finds application more on yard, dump and shiftable conveyors, where alignment of conveyor structure may not be correct due to the mobility of
the conveyor on ground conditions.
Self Aligning Carrier Idlers Transom Sets
Sometimes difficult working conditions result in lateral movement of belts. Usage of self-align carrying idler transoms set help to correct belt tracking and maintain its centering. The Idlers are mounted on swiveling transform which is centrally pivoted on a stationary frame to swelling ring/bearing which permits rotation (5º to 10º) . Vertical guide roller is provided at each end of swiveling frame which tries to push the misaligned belt towards conveyor centre line. These rollers can be aptly positioned at 15 to 20mtrs from end pulleys at pitch of 30 to 40 mtrs on long conveyors.
Self Aligning Return Idlers Set
Self-aligning return idlers under the return belt run at an interval of 21 to 30m in place of usual return idler. General practice is to use such idlers at every 7th to 10th pitch of standard Idler. The idler applies aligning force on return belt run whenever it deviates from conveyor centre line.
V-Type Return Idlers Set
The idler set consists of a pair of rolls or mounted on a steel frame. The troughing angle is generally 10º but 15º is also used. The belt is in trough form and therefore it has advantages of self-aligning – autocentring actions attributed to trough space.
Feed rollers are covered with specially-designed rubber rings of adequate thickness and resistance. Impact rollers are positioned in cases where sharp-edged and pointed material is continuously falling with great force. Conveyor belts are subjected to a particularly high level of impact strain and subjected to damage at their feeding points. In such cases the conveyor belt is subjected to the risk of penetration and ply injury. Specially-designed closely-spaced impact rollers are used on the carrying side of the monotrough transoms to soften the force of impact and absorb shock pressures.
To meet the demands of in-service operation, impact rings have been given the cross-section design shown in the illustration. As dynamic stressing of the rubber rings is frequently very high, a combined structure of two different materials has proved advantageous for those rings subjected to heavy duty applications.
Flat & Rubber ring Return Rollers
The flat return idler has a single roll to support the return run of the belt conveyor. The idler consists of single roll and a pair of brackets to install below conveyor stringers.
- Used to sustain and support the belt during its return
- Avoids return wear, tracking issue or conveyed material sticking and carry over
- Reduces contact with surface and wear of rollers
- Helical rubber rings further facilitate aggressive cleaning, reduced material depositing on belt and roller helps tracking
- Various arrangements possible suiting applications with range of conical support and flat rings
Support rings make it easier to keep conveyors clean, prevent material clogging on return idlers and promote tracking. Steel rollers made of concentric tubes are generally used in monotrough transoms as return rollers. However in applications where the return side cannot be turned over or when the material conveyed is sticky, specially-designed support rings are fitted on the return roller.
The use of support rings substantially reduce the cost of cleaning maintenance, prevent material caking on the return rollers, promote smooth straight tracking of the belt and reduce breakaway resistance on start-up. CLIMAROLL SUPPORT RINGS make it easier to keep a conveyor system clean. They have proven particularly successful on systems where the return side cannot be turned over. When support rings are drawn over the existing idlers in accordance with assembly instructions, the small contact area of each ring leaves merely a thin trace of fine parallel lines on the belt cover.
For applications involving normal stressing, the ring is made from one material only .Size of the rubber ring is governed by the outer diameter of the tube to be used (ERW, seamless or boiler tubes). Inner diameter of the rings to be kept smaller than that of the tube’s outer diameter, giving it a firm and lasting seat.
Arrangement Of CLIMAROLL Support Rings
Belt Tracking & Self Cleaning Rollers
Spiral metal coil turns running from center left and rightwards provide belt cleaning during its return, reduce material depositing and tracking.
Guide rollers are mounted vertically or at a suitable degree on transoms to restrain a belt’s lateral drift or movement. Most apt location of mounting is on a self-aligning transom. Rollers with one side shaft and threaded ends are most common.
Positive grip, minimal slippage, shock and impact resistance.
Used for belt centering and tracking.
We produce a wide range of industrial rollers including V-rollers, nip rollers, idler rollers, freed rollers, pulleys, drive wheels, ringer rollers & custom-shaped rollers.
ORF’s in-house machine provides the ability to fabricate new rollers or wheels, as well as refurbish and recover existing rollers. Our precision machining ensures required dimensional tolerances and surface finish.
- Rubber hardness ranging from 65 Shore A to 90 Shore D
- Superior bonding technology
- Variety of colours
Armored® is a range of products developed by ORF to suit extreme conditions. Applications range from military, desalination, road & transport and bulk material handling.
The Armored® roller is a first of its kind, designed for five years of operational life. Its rugged design ensures sustainable uninterrupted operation. It is also lighter than the average idler, ensuring low power consumption of the conveyor and easy maintenance. Special bearings ensure low roll resistance, further reducing power requirements during start/stop operations.
The Armored® layer ensures low abrasion, belt friendly operation, high resistance to chemical agents, corrosion resistance and low noise operation. The layer is also self cleaning, preventing material build-up limiting belt misalignment issues.
Pulleys are dimensioned, designed & constructed according to characteristic of each belt conveyor system of ORF. Pulleys are manufactured using material of the highest quality, strict process control and employing advanced technology. Dependable, long performance, rigid sturdy design and reduced maintenance cost
Apt selection of pipe shell, side & stiffener plates, welding method, type of fitment and shaft design. Sizes: 200-1200mm dia x 500 – 2500mm length
Types: Head, Tail, Snub, Bend, Take-ups, Wing pulleys. Also motorized with a built-in drive and transmission.
Smooth steel surface without lagging for small belt width and power, dry and non-drive ends application
- NSK etc.
- Variety of colours
- Plummer block spherical roller
- Pillow block ball bearing
- Material Shell Pipe – Carbon Steel ASTM 106 grade B; CS 235-275
- JR or equivalent; Shaft : C45 / EN08; EN19
- Types of fitment – Shrink fit (shaft-bush); bush-key type, removal shaft type. Drums with flanged bearing and fixed shaft, locking assembly: ring feeder, taper lock bush etc.
- Wear–resistant rubber-laggings. (N, Y-M, X & W grades rubber covers)
- Rubber surfaces – flat, rough top, herringbone, diamond / rhombic patterns; crowning
- Surface treatments: spray paint enamel-epoxy PU; galvanized, rubberized, stress relieving, static balancing
- Suitable for continuous / intermittent operation in extremely humid, hot, and hostile environment
- Work carried out at the factory as well as at customer plant site, in accordance with international standards and procedures. Vix. BS, ISO, CEMA, DIN, JIS, IS, ASTM etc.